Who ARE we?
The Claremont PTA (Parent Teacher Association) is a group of parents, teachers and staff working together to support and strengthen our children’s experience at Claremont Immersion School. We serve as an open forum to discuss ways to promote quality education, encourage community involvement, and work for a healthy and safe environment, so our children will “strive for the highest and work to create a better world!”
What do we DO?
**Engages dedicated parents to assist the Claremont community in a number of ways. From the homeroom parents who coordinate classroom activities to those who volunteer with outdoor projects and fundraisers, Claremont’s parents are active participants in their children’s education.
**Provides programs that help enrich our kids’ school experience, including after school enrichment classes, educational programs such as Odyssey of the Mind and Reflections, and clubs such as VivaVerde.
**Raises funds to help provide the programs that benefit our school, like after school enrichment scholarships, improved classroom technology, outdoor grounds projects, and teacher grants.
**Organizes social events to bring students and families together, such as the Fall Fun Fest, the International Dinner and Dance, Movie Nights, and more.
How can I get involved?
Here are some easy ways … choose one or all, or bring us your suggestions!
1) Become a PTA member. Your $5 annual dues automatically enroll you in the local, state and national PTA. You can pay in cash, or with a check made payable to the Claremont PTA. Special envelopes are available upon request, and at all PTA meetings.
2) Come to our monthly PTA meetings, which are usually the first Tuesday of each month at 7pm in the school library. This is a great way to hear about what is going on at school and get to know other Claremont parents, teachers and staff. It’s also the perfect place to ask questions, suggest new ideas, or just listen! Free babysitting & Spanish translation are provided.
3) Volunteer to be a homeroom parent or help out occasionally at a specific event or for a particular program. Whatever your interests or availability, there are many ways to help. Visit our website for an updated list of volunteer opportunities!
4) Come to our family-friendly events.
5) Take part in our fundraisers.
6) Join our list serv for updated information, including our weekly email, “This Week At Claremont.” To subscribe, just send an email to the following email address:
- Claremont Immersion PTA List Serv (for general PTA information, including upcoming events, etc): email@example.com
REMEMBER: ALL FAMILIES ARE ALWAYS WELCOME AT PTA MEETINGS AND EVENTS! WE HOPE YOU WILL JOIN US!